Tuesday, August 7, 2007

ROASTED RED POTATOES

Well, today is my daughters last day of finals at College. She already has a job waiting for her starting out at 16.50 per hour. She will be doing wound care. I met a wound care nurse one time and they said that the profession was in high demand. My heart is a little heavy as her job is in another town and she will be saving her money so her and my grand babies can move. *sobbing* I am happy yet aching in my heart at the same time. I have the feeling I got when the twin towers were hit. It was a feeling of immense sorrow and pain that I can not explain.


This recipe I got from the magazine Taste of Home's Quick Cooking issued in 1998. This recipe has a note that reads: "These tender, tasty potatoes are so simple to make, " confirms Kitty Hernandez of Chicago, Illinois. "There's no need to peel them-just slice, season and bake."


1pound small red potatoes

1 tablespoon olive or vegetable oil

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/8 teaspoon pepper

2 tablespoons grated Parmesan Cheese


Cut the potatoes into 1/4 in thick slices; toss with oil. Place in a single layer in a greased 13-in X 9-in. X 2-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and Parmesan cheese. Cover tightly with foil. Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes or until tender. Makes about 4 servings.

No comments: