Thursday, June 7, 2007

Garlic Bean Soup

I got this recipe off the back of a bag of Garbanzo beans. H.E.B. quality Garbanzo beans. Have you ever eaten Garbanzo beans? They are so good. Try this recipe or maybe improvise your own.
http://www.discountbeautyproductgiftwagon.com/
http://www.discountbeautyproductgiftwagon.com/

2 cups chopped onion
1 cup sliced carrot
1/2 cup sliced celery
12-14 medium cloves garlic, peeled, crushed
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 cans (14 1/2 oz each) chicken broth or vegetable broth
2 1/2 cups dry Garbanzo Beans, cooked as instructed on pkg rinsed and drained

Saute onion, carrot, celery, and garlic in oil in large saucepan 3-4 minutes. Add chicken broth and cooked beans; heat to boiling. Reduce heat and simmer until vegetables are tender, 5-8 minutes. Process soup in processor or blender until smooth. Serve in bowls; sprinkle with chives.
6 servings (about 1 cup each)

When I make garbanzo beans, I don't blend or process them, I like the beans cooked with some beef and herbs as I try to cut out as much salt as I can. I do not eat pork so anytime a recipe calls for pork, I substitute it with something else.

No comments: