Thursday, July 26, 2007

CHICKEN CACCIATORE


I am a dork. I woke up this morning thinking the tea was all gone from the refrigerator and made a new pot. Went to the refrigerator to get the tea picture, and found it half full. Go figure! So I added the new brew to it & now I have some strong tea, which is good by me as I like it. I hear the t.v. broadcasting another bomb threat at an airport. My Grand baby is talking WAY to loud today for some reason and it is bothering my ears. That's funny cause I am partially deaf.

The recipe below I got off a plastic bag of Hill Country Fare Young Chicken Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts. I am making this for supper tonight. :)


1 tbl. Veg. oil

2 pounds (2-3 pieces) Chicken Breasts, thawed & cut in half

1 cup chopped Green Bell Pepper

1 1/2 cups chopped onion

3 cloves garlic, peeled & chopped ( I use my Scandinavian garlic mincer)

1 can (23oz) chopped black olives

1 can (8 oz) Tomato sauce

1 can (26oz) Pasta sauce


Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Brown thawed chicken for 10 minutes, turning once. Add bell pepper, onion, garlic and black olives; cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until tender. Stir in the tomato sauce and pasta sauce. Simmer on medium-low heat for 35-40 minutes or until chicken is done. Season to taste. Serve over hot, cooked rice or pasta, if desired. Makes 6-8 servings.

No comments: