Friday, July 27, 2007

Poor Kitty, Chocolate Chip cookies & todays Saturn front porch weather pic.

This picture is of one of many kitty cats that people dump off at our place when they don't want them anymore. This kitty must have belonged to someone at sometime, because this one let me pet her/him. I tried putting food in a bowl, but she wouldn't eat it, so I put it straight on the floor and she ate it. As long as she is here, I will take care of her, as well as my Dad, who is a Great Grandpa. My Dad & Mom live next door. So far to date this year, my Dad has taken a total of 18 cats to the vet to get them shots and fixed at his own expence. It is costly for him but necessary. These cats stay around our property and we feed them and keep fresh water for them all. Two cats are allowed in Dads house, and one cat is allowed in my house. The one I have, I adopted from the shelter in the next town over and his name is Panther. Solid black and loveable as can be.
We see people late in the evening stopping near our cattle guard at the end of the road, dumping pets off because they don't want to bother with them any more, or they move, and can't have pets in their new house. It is sad because they do not know how to survive in the wild. Where we live is a rural area and pretty much some wild country. I think the cats have a connection with one another to. Like if one is dumped off, the other cats will go fetch it and bring it or show it our house to get food and care.
This becomes a burden on my fathers pocket book as he is on a fixed income and my Mom is handicapped and can't take care of herself. My husband and I help out as much as we can in feeding the animals and caring for them. I can not afford to take them all to the vet, so when this problem gets out of our hands, I don't know what will become of the kitties.
The kitty you see below is a new one that showed up and is bone thin. Then one of my other favorites is a crosseyed white cat, with two different colored eyes and a deformed ear. The other cats will let it eat last, but she looks healthier than it when she first showed up here. She was half dead and near starved to death. Now she is thriving here at our place. Then there is the siamese cat. Wow, this one had some problems to, and is the shy one. She is thriving as well and is getting more weight on her.
Another one of my favorites was a cat I called 'Fang'. She sadly passed away. I had never seen a cat with fangs that hung down her face, but this one did. She had ran off and was bitten by some animal or something, and she could not survive it and passed away. On the back part of our property, we started having little animial cemetery and have two cats, one kitten, and three dogs buried there. One dog was a dog we raised from a pup and she was hit by a car. Her name was Sunshine and I miss her even today. The other two are dalmations that belonged to my sister Wendy. Denae' died of old age, and she has my angle tomb stone for her little head stone. I had that made for me for when I die, but my sister and all of us were so sad about her passing, I gave it to her. The other dalmation died of old age also.
Sadly, I have one other dog of my own and her name is Sissy. She is about 15 or 16 yrs old and grew up the better part of her life with my children, growing up together. She isn't looking to good these days and is not as active as she used to be. She used to howl with me, and now she can't howl anymore. She alsow loves to go 'bye bye' and when you say, "Sissy, want to go bye bye", she runs to the car. Now she just lays there and looks at me.



What your seeing, is what your seeing. This is todays front porch pic. here in Saturn, Texas. It sort of reminds me of a story my sister told me about when she was in England. She was able to go to England and Germany many years ago. She was walking in the rain with no hat or umbrella and people were looking at her like she was crazy. But, she was loving it. She said, "I can't believe it, I am walking in the rain in England.". Must have been something. My little sisters name is Wendy and she is a huge fan of Princess Diana and the Queen and the all the monarchy. I am also.

Todays recipe came from the back of a blonnet Butter box. NOt sure if Blue bonnet is actually 'butter' or not....

BLUE BONNET CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES

2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
3/4 cup Blue Bonnet stick, melted and cooled
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
1 egg
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips.



  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees

  2. Combine flour and baking soda. Set aside

  3. In a large bowl, combine melted Blue Bonnet and brown sugar. Mix well. Stir in egg and vanilla extract until well blended. Add flour mixture and stir until just combined. Stir in chocolate chips.

  4. for each cookie, drop a heaping tablespoon of dough onto a cookie sheet, leaving about 2 1/2 inches between each. Bake at 350 degrees for 9 to 11 minutes or until edges harden and centers are still soft.

No comments: