Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Honey Boy Alaska Salmon Patties

I know, it has been a couple of days. Forgive me. Both my grandbabies were sick & I cought the bug to. Not easy taking care of little ones when your sick also. Well, I raised these babies from babies and they have lived with me since birth on the exeption of Laila who lived with me since she was 6 weeks old. I attended the birth of my second grandbaby Madison (Madie). My daughter works a full time job, and attends college full time, so they are my babies. :) Sadly, though, my daughter will be moving out of town when she graduates on August 10, 2007 which is a few days away. They are headed to South Carolina to visit her real dad for a week then they are coming back to get ready to move.
This is breaking my heart as I love my grandbabies dearly & it will be like losing a limb or a part of my heart. I will have to adjust to cooking for two instead of 4 from now on.

On with the recipe.....(which I got of a label from a can of Pink Salmon)

1 can (14.75 oz.) Honey Boy Pink Salmon
2 cups soft bread crumbs
1/3 cup finely minced onion
1/4 cup milk
2 eggs
2 tablespoons minced parsley
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon each of salt & dill weed
Dash of pepper

Drain salmon, reserving 2 tablespoons liquid; flake. Combine all ingredients including the 2 tablespoons of liquid. Shape into 8 one inch thick patties. Pan-fry on both sides in 2 tablespoons oil or butter until golden brown.

No comments: