Friday, July 6, 2007

TARRAGON CHICKEN AND RICE STUFFING

I clipped this Tarragon Chicken & Rice Stuffing recipe from a magazine. It is dated June 1975. I can not recall the magazine though. It had a plethora of marvelous recipes as I have many from this magazine in the same batch. When I pick a recipe to add here, I sort through them and see what peeks my interest and what may be good & useful for you to use as well. This recipe seemed easy, yet has flavor. ENJOY!



TARRAGON CHICKEN & RICE STUFFING


1 egg

2 cups cooked rice

1 1/2 cups cooked chicken cut in 1/2 inch chuncks

1 1/2 cups chopped tomatoes

1/4 cup olive oil

1 3/4 teaspoons tarragon leaves, crushed

1 1/2 teaspoons salt

1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper


Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl lightly beat egg; add rice, chicken, tomatoes, oil, tarragon, salt & pepper, stirring until combined. Spoon into desired vegetables. Bake, uncovered, until vegetables are tender and stuffing is hot, about 25 minutes. Bake any extra stuffing in a small covered baking dish along with the stuffed vegetables. Makes 4 portions.

No comments: